2 butternut squash (about 4 pounds), peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 leek, chopped
1 green apple, peeled and chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne
4 c. vegetable broth
Kosher salt to taste
Cacao Nib Crumble Ingredients:
2 T. Taza Roasted Cacao Nibs
4 oz. blue cheese or goat cheese
4 T. dried cranberries, finely chopped
1/4 c. pecans, toasted and finely chopped
To Prepare:To Prepare Soup:
1. Melt butter and oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onions and leeks, season with salt and cayenne, and cook until very tender, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Add squash and green apple and stir. Pour in the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, and then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the squash is tender.
3. Puree the soup and check for seasoning. If the soup is too thick, add water until it reaches your desired consistency.
4. Serve in bowls topped with Cacao Nib Crumble.
1. Crumble the cheese and delicately combine it with the cacao nibs, pecans, and cranberries. Use approximately one tablespoon per serving of soup.