At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. Our mission is to make and share stone ground chocolate that is seriously good and fair for all. We stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted and make a large variety of chocolate products that are in high demand from today’s environmentally and socially conscious food consumer.
Taza is organized into two divisions: Production and Operations. The Director of Sales is the top-level role on the Sales & Marketing team division in Operations, and a member of the Leadership Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Sales & Sales Team Management
- While managing and developing our existing natural, specialty and conventional retail channel sales, develop and execute on plans for national growth in the Virtual, Natural, Conventional and Specialty channels
- Take a leadership role in the organization by building and managing a successful and well synchronized sales team in a way that is aligned with our business goals, company mission, purpose, and core values
- Coordinate sales and distribution relationships and gain new distribution and increased penetration according to plan, via distribution of new skus and product introductions
- Generate, support and evaluate meaningful goals with the Sales Team that have obvious paths to achievement through project-based effort.
Forecasting & Analysis
- Project rolling 18 month growth forecast for sales by product line and sales channel, and manage related sales plans
- Analyze the marketplace and competitive environment to identify opportunities based on trends and syndicated data.
- Develop and manage major accounts list for managing growth and opening new major accounts
- Optimize revenue generation by ensuring sales & marketing support is being applied appropriately (follow up, demos, promotions, reporting, etc). Work closely with the Marketing team
- Manage, train and lead broker networks and all key distributor and retailer business initiatives, including implementation of national and regional growth strategies, key account targeting and management of trade spending budgets
- Cultivate and manage key relationships with priority trade partners
Sales Development & Marketing Coordination
- Participate in the development of overall strategies for establishing partnerships and business relationships to market our products based on historical data, market research and customer trends
- Collaborate with Production, Marketing and Product Development teams in the development and execution of strategies and plans
- Identify and develop business growth opportunities within new sales and marketing channels
- Provide support to Managing, Marketing, and Manufacturing Directors in negotiations, due diligence and business development projects
- Partner with the marketing team in the planning of promotions and advertising, demo programs and trade shows
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in the natural/specialty food products category
- 5+ years of experience in a sales management role
- Extensive experience in sales and marketing, preferably with experience expanding distribution at food companies in the natural and organic categories
- Strong knowledge of the food industry / grocery aisle
- Demonstrated ability to implement sales plans, manage broker networks, and bring new and innovative products to market
- Strong leadership & management skills, with experience growing a sales organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to influence, negotiate and close business in meetings and training environments
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to travel
View more careers at Taza, here.