Events & Education Coordinator
At Taza, our mission is to make and share stone ground chocolate that is seriously good and fair for all. As members of Taza’s Retail team, we serve Taza’s mission directly by sharing our stone ground chocolate with consumers and creating new Taza fans. At the Taza Chocolate Factory Store, we aim to provide a chocolate experience unlike any other that engages and educates guests around our product, process, and sourcing methods, and enables one to truly savor and appreciate our unique stone ground chocolate. The experience of visiting our store, going on a tour, attending a Taza event or simply sampling our chocolate and interacting with our team is so unforgettable that our fans feel compelled to share Taza with others.
On-site retail events are based out of the factory store, which is housed in a 770 square foot space, adjacent to the Taza Chocolate factory. Sampling and engaging with consumers around our unique style stone ground chocolate has played a crucial role in Taza’s marketing efforts since the company’s earliest days. Since the inception of the Taza Chocolate Factory Store in Fall 2010, we have steadily grown our public and private tour business and retail event programming. We have seen this programming as a very successful means for driving traffic to our store, growing our factory store and tour sales, and building relationships with the local community. We host factory tours 7 days a week, and regularly compliment our tour schedule with additional event programming (3 major events annually: Day of the Dead, Holiday Open House, and Cinco de Mayo) and many monthly tasting events and classes throughout the year.
Additional educational programming is based out of the factory store in the new Cocoa Classroom, opened in April 2017. We have offered several pairing classes in the past and are looking to expand our offerings. The education efforts will not only enhance and increase the success of these larger event offerings and in-store tastings, but will increase awareness of the Taza brand, and identify new means of driving wholesale and retail sales as well as connect us to the community at large.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
FACTORY STORE PROGRAMMING1. Factory Store Events In-Store Tastings and Block parties
- Work with Factory Store & Tour Manager and Retail Manager to design a robust events calendar on a quarterly basis, building off of key chocolate holidays, seasonal themes, and incorporating new & established vendor partners
- Communicate and maintain event information utilizing various project management tools (i.e. Trello, Google calendar, etc.).
- Coordinate individual event logistics, including event descriptions, ticketing, and permitting required.
- Communicate and coordinate guest vendor logistics and product orders; ensure supplies needed are purchased/prepared in advance of event.
- Responsible for set-up and overseeing event.
- Act as the lead organizer for major on-site events: Dia de los Muertos, Cinco de Mayo, Holiday Open House, and other major on-site event initiatives as appropriate.
- Ensure post-event recaps and reports are completed in a timely fashion and archived on the Taza server,
- Participate as a member of the firstname.lastname@example.org team to ensure inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Assist in maintaining private tour and event calendar in Google.
- Act as main point person for private (after hours) Coordinate bookings, and manage execution of private event rentals.
- Monitor Private tour bookings for progress against monthly goals and respond to low trending sales and bookings with urgency.
- Work with Factory Store & Tour Manager and Retail Manager to build out and execute educational programming for ticketed public and private groups in Taza’s Cocoa Classroom.
- Coordinate individual event classroom logistics including staffing, and necessary paperwork/permits.
- Ensure staff/presenter has adequate supplies, samples, collateral etc. for classes & pairings.
- Utilize, update and create educational tools as needed (i.e. PowerPoint presentations, tour scripts, private event sell sheet, etc.),
- Monitor bookings and collaborate with Marketing team to ensure class promotion
- Train Chocolate Guides and Factory Store associates to execute on educational programming and represent Taza Chocolate effectively.
Contribute to Monthly Retail Promotional Calendars with Factory Store event details and descriptions at least one month in-advance.
Coordinate event promotion for factory store events on social media and public listings etc. by working with the Field Marketing Manager. Provide partner information and marketing assets as appropriate,
Seek to build relationships with local universities, hotels and other organizations to drive business to retail events and programming,
Continue to nurture established vendor partnerships and seek to identify new partnership, opportunities (food & beverage vendors, universities etc.) in an effort to increase store and tour sales.
Maintain contact lists in support of outreach efforts and retail event marketing efforts.
Provide outstanding customer service in our factory store and on our tours; readily engaging and educating customers about Taza Chocolate practices and products while contributing to volume sales growth as forecasted in monthly sales goals.
Provide excellent customer service, offering visitors an educational experience about Taza history, manufacturing processes, and products.
Conduct daily opening and closing sales procedures including cash drawer reconciliation and day end reporting.
Set up and break down regularly scheduled tour tastings, including sample presentation, cleaning, & restocking.
Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of store product merchandising.
Responsible for accurate product pricing and loss prevention.
Assist with completion of inventory counts.
View more careers at Taza, here.