Front Desk/Customer Service Associate
We make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
At Taza Chocolate, our mission is to make and share stone ground chocolate that is seriously good and fair for all. The Customer Service Associate is an important part of the Operations team, providing support to the Marketing, Retail and Shipping teams at Taza. This role is integral in sharing Taza chocolate with consumers. The Customer Service Associate should take every customer interaction as an opportunity to engage and educate about our product, process and sourcing methods, with the goal of enabling customers to truly savor and appreciate our unique stone ground chocolate products, and creating new Taza fans. We aim to provide every visitor, caller or inquirer with an unforgettable Taza experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General Customer Service and Reception–The Customer Service Associate is the first line of contact with our consumers, vendors, customers, tour-goers, and staff in the Taza Chocolate offices, by phone and email. A friendly demeanor, big smile, and warm greeting are crucial to making everyone feel welcome at Taza.
- Greet and direct visitors to the Taza office, and alert the appropriate team member as necessary
- Manage guest sign-in and visitor tags in compliance with Taza’s QA/QC
- Answer and direct inbound phone calls to appropriate person and/or team
- Field the large volume of inquiries to Taza’s general email inbox
- Route emails to appropriate person and/or team regarding demos, events, wholesale and distributor inquiries, and donations
- Facilitate large retail orders via Quickbooks or Shopify- Corporate Gifts, Wedding etc.
- Know Taza product line in order to effectively inform and educate visitors, job applicants, customers, and anyone else interested in Taza
- Resolve general customer service/ quality issues with consumers
- Maintain Customer Service form responses and FAQs for accuracy and effectiveness
- Maintain Customer Service Log to track customer service related issues, and provide regular reports/updates to internal stakeholders via the Taza Customer Service scorecard
- Seek to troubleshoot recurring customer service issues in an effort to reduce or eliminate these occurrences.
Website Customer Service–The Customer Service Associate provides excellent customer service to online store customers with questions, inquiries, or issues; working with the Marketing, Retail and Shipping teams.
- Answer inbound phone calls and emails from online store customers who require assistance with placing an order, have questions about Taza products or services, need help with gifts and shipping.
- Monitor incoming orders for fraudulent charges and alerts; follow-up with customers as necessary
- Stay updated with all promotions and discounts for web store orders
- Work with the Shipping team on changes in weather and shipping rates to effectively communicate to customers
- Help to support website sales on direct and third party sites through minor updates
- Handle email inquiries regarding order confirmations, shipping, product information, etc.
- Communicate with the Marketing and Retail teams about any issues regarding website, promotions, coupon codes or general user experience so that they can be resolved
- File server maintenance and other organizational tasks
- Maintenance of email contact lists
- Cataloguing press hits and organizing press contacts
- Photo editing and sizing in Photoshop
- Small graphic design and Powerpoint projects
- General support such as printing marketing materials, cutting/laminating, shipping marketing orders
- Assisting with event and trade show packing/prep
- Satori portal reporting backup
- Proofreading, editing and auditing as needed
- Support on and off-site marketing events as needed as a Taza Chocolate brand representative
- Answering phone and email inquiries about factory tours, directions, store hours, and factory store information
- Train on tour and event reservation platform to assist public tour-goers, guide customers through booking tours, accept payments or process refunds
- Stay up-to-date on all promotions and discounts for factory store and tours (for example: Groupon, GVCVB, various universities, etc.
- Train on retail POS system, and periodically act as back-up in the Factory Store store to cover lunch breaks as needed
- Share general office maintenance and upkeep tasks with the Office Manager; including kitchen, conference rooms, restrooms, reception area
- Support internal staff events as needed: Bagel Friday, Company Meetings etc.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have 1-2 years of customer service experience, excellent written/oral communication skills, and a strong phone presence. As the first point of contact for many customers and face of Taza in the office, the candidate must possess an enthusiastic, outgoing, welcoming manner. They should be detail-oriented, flexible and ready to pitch in where needed. Ability to multi-task and adapt to quick changes in workflow is important. They must be able to maintain confidentiality and respect sensitive customer and employee information as necessary.
This is a full-time, hourly position. The employee is expected to work during regular business hours for 40 hours per week during office hours 9-5:30 Monday- Friday. Some nights and weekends may be required for occasional events.
View more careers at Taza, here.