Inside Sales Manager – Direct Wholesale
At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We grind quality ingredients using only stone mills to make a minimally processed chocolate unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
Taza is organized into three major functions at its Somerville operation: Production, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing existing relationships with Taza Chocolate's current independent retail accounts while identifying potential new customer segments and business opportunities and supporting the Director of Sales in managing the national and international wholesale channels. Primary responsibilities include developing & managing relationships with our direct wholesale channel, and managing activities related to Taza’s overall sales goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and execute on sales efforts for phone and email for direct sales accounts.
- Build and maintain relationships with all culinary and direct wholesale accounts.
- With Director of Sales, develop and execute direct pricing & promotion strategy.
- Develop and execute sales growth strategy for assigned segments.
- Support outside brokers and national sales team, as needed.
- Participate and assist in planning for key trade show events.
- Follow-up on trade show leads and customer inquiries to vet new sales opportunities in alternate channels.
- Manage a Sales Administration Manager to ensure the smooth execution of all sales related activities including order entry, call list generation, collateral management, promotional display programs, retailer promotional activity, Maintain new item paperwork and product updates to customer base.
- Report directly to the Director of Sales.
- Handle customer issues like OSS, missing-damaged-shorted items, quality concerns and tracking mistakes and prevent their occurrence by establishing good procedures and protocols.
- Generate promotional strategy for each vertical in the direct wholesale channel.
- Develop and execute communication strategies for outreach to independent direct retail accounts including e-newsletter and new product alerts.
- Maintain new item paperwork and product updates to customer base.
- Populate and maintain direct independent retail account database of potential customers.
- Assist in budget planning for direct sales channel and provide input for production forecast and liaison with production to ensure inventory needs are met.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years experience in a sales management role.
- Experience with Inside sales in a packaged product industry, preferably in CPG food space.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational an interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically and plan.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong experience using Excel.
- Patient and positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure.
This is a full-time, exempt position, with occasional travel requirements. The Inside Sales Manager will be required to perform many of these activities at Taza’s Somerville, MA office. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
This position is eligible for Taza benefits – including paid time off, attractive medical, dental, vision insurance program and plenty of great chocolate!