At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Taza is organized into two divisions: Production and Operations. The Maintenance Supervisor performs an important role on the Production team by planning and executing preventative maintenance schedule, as-needed repairs and minor maintenance requests, as well as by documenting and implementing a Safety program, machine operating procedures and robust policy and procedure to support the safety program. The Lead Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Plant Manager and supervises the Maintenance Technician.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overhaul and improve current preventive maintenance system to ensure all production equipment is serviced based on vendor recommendations and Maintenance Technician experience
- Regular maintenance on all chocolate making equipment. To include but not limited to the BarthSirocco Roaster(s), Carle Montanari RCM7 Winnower, air compressor, wrapping machines, and hot room machines
- Suggest process optimizations by developing, improving and implementing alternate equipment and energy solutions.
- Involvement in commissioning new factory equipment
Repairs & Minor Maintenance Requests:
- Adjustments to work stations, minor office cleanups, oversight of kitchen equipment, installation of wall mounts etc., assistance moving large items
- Ensuring manufacturing equipment is in optimal working order
- Order maintenance and facilities related parts or services as needed under the boundaries of the opex and capex lines of the budget and the supervision of the Director of Manufacturing
- Minor carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical work in all Taza facilities
- Work with the Human Resources Coordinator to identify small maintenance needs
- Making autonomous decisions about when an outside contractor is needed and making the necessary arrangements to see this type of service through
- Get price quotes and bids for work needing an outside contractor, and being mindful of budget limitations
- Overhaul and improve current Safety Standard Operating Procedures
- Revise, implement and execute facility safety and training program
- Ensure OSHA standards for equipment are met
- Develop and monitor KPIs for safety
- Creates training programs about employee safety procedures and accident protection and prevention, trains production staff
- Inspect company facilities, and recommending corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations; conduct self-inspections and mock recalls
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- A successful Lead Maintenance Supervisor has a positive/can-do attitude, and is a team player
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance in a manufacturing setting, CPG Manufacturing preferred
- Mechanical inclination and moderate carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC knowledge
- Diligent in his/her duties and able to make independent decisions and to prioritize effectively
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- Schedule flexibility is required (in case an emergency repair is needed)
This is a full-time, hourly position. Hours for this position are determined by Taza’s manufacturing and business hours, although some work will need to be done during off-hours. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week and may need to work on an on-call basis as the need arises.
REMOTE WORK: Not available for this position