At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to speak loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
The Operations Assistant will help, as needed, various departments of Taza operations: (Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance,) in clerical and other administrative functions. Tasks may include data entry and reconciliation, document creation and completion, filing, Including electronic, copying, to ensure smooth functioning operations team environment
The right candidate will have a pleasant demeanor, be articulate and polite, have a sense of humor, be even-tempered and self-motivated. Must be able to multi-task and work independently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist purchasing process : collaborate with Procurement Specialist on creation and maintenance of tools used to ensure all purchasing needs are met
- Provide support for vendor onboarding and ongoing approval process by maintaining current product specifications, COAs, and all applicable certifications (with Quality Assurance Manager) Kosher, Non-GMO, Organic, and Gluten Free
- Be the backup to Operations teams
- Assemble data point for purchasing, Manufacturing, Inventory , QA metrics (under directions of managers of various Ops departments): to evaluate vendor performance, ensure current QA spec requirements, ensure accurate inventory positions and costs
- Assist in file and item maintenance in financial software
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Detail oriented
- A team player
- A strong communicator who will maintains excellent communication with colleagues and external vendors
- A professional candidate who can easily work cross-functionally with all of the teams at Taza Chocolate (Sales, Marketing, Retail, Operations, and Shipping)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- 2+ years experience in food production and/or office administration
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
- This is a full-time position, working standard business hours (Monday-Friday 9:00-5:30pm). The employee is expected to work 40 hours per week.
Each employee at Taza is subject to an annual and 6-month performance review. These reviews address the points found in the Duties & Responsibilities section above and allow the Company and the Employee to evaluate their success in fulfilling them. The Purchasing Manager is encouraged to seek out training and mentorship opportunities that will enhance growth and personal fulfillment with Taza and beyond. Taza wants to promote career development, and will support these endeavors. Results from performance reviews are used to make improvements inside the company, educate and empower the employee, provide benchmarks for individual growth, and provide factual basis for increases in compensation. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis.
View more careers at Taza, here.