At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We grind quality ingredients using only stone mills to make a minimally processed chocolate unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
We are looking for a Sales Administrator to join our Wholesale team! The Sales Admin will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing relationships with Taza Chocolate's current independent retail accounts while identifying potential new customer segments and business opportunities and supporting the Director of Sales in managing the national and international distribution channels. Primary responsibilities include developing & managing relationships with our direct customer channel, and providing key administrative and service tasks for all Taza sales channels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage sales efforts for phone and email in small direct account channels.
- With Director of Sales, develop and execute direct pricing & promotion strategy.
- Develop and execute sales growth strategy for assigned segments.
- Support outside brokers and national sales team, as needed.
- Participate and assist in planning for key trade show events.
- Follow-up on trade show leads and customer inquiries to vet new sales opportunities in alternate channels.
- Order entry for distributor and major direct accounts.
- Order entry for independent direct retail accounts (and other overflow, as needed).
- Maintain relationships with all culinary and independent direct retail accounts.
- Establish customer service protocols for direct channels.
- Develop and execute communication strategies for outreach to independent direct retail accounts including e-newsletter and new product alerts.
- Handle customer issues like OSS, missing-damaged-shorted items, quality concerns and tracking mistakes.
Administration & Outside Representative Support:
- Update & maintain price lists and promo calendar template.
- Create sales materials including display units and sell sheets.
- Maintain new item paperwork and product updates to customer base.
- Provide input on production forecast and liaison with production to ensure inventory needs are met.
- Populate and maintain direct independent retail account database of potential customers.
- Assist in budget planning for direct sales channel.
- Proof read other sales and marketing materials as needed.
- Manage key customer and distributor data portals.
Experience & Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational an interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically and plan.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Proficiency in MS Office and strong experience using Excel.
- Patient and positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure.
View more careers at Taza, here.