At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We grind quality ingredients using only stone mills to make a minimally processed chocolate unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
Taza is organized into three major functions at its Somerville operation: Production, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The Sales Administrator is responsible for supporting the Sales Team by entering customer orders and providing key administrative and service tasks for all Taza sales channels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create sales materials including display units and sell sheets.
- Maintain new item paperwork and product updates to customer base.
- Provide input on production forecast and liaison with production to ensure inventory needs are met.
- Manage key customer and distributor data portals.
- Check data accuracy on orders and invoices
- Deduction and invoice management
- Maintain and update sales and customer records
- Develop monthly sales reports
- Ensure sales targets are met and report any deviations
- Stay up-to-date with new products and features
- Participate and assist in promotional planning and customer contracts
Sales Management, Marketing & Customer Service
- Process orders via email and phone
- Develop and execute sales growth strategy for assigned segments.
- Participate and assist in planning for key trade show events.
- Assist with trade marketing programs and provide marketing support when needed.
- Order entry for distributor and major direct accounts.
- Order entry for independent direct retail accounts (and other overflow, as needed).
- Contact customers to obtain missing information or answer queries
- Liaise with the Logistics department to ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate important feedback from customers internally
- Support outside brokers and national sales teams as needed
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of excel required. Proficient knowledge of both MS Office Suite and G Suite preferred.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Patient and positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The Sales Administrator will be required to perform these activities at Taza’s Somerville, MA office. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
This is a full-time position and is eligible for Taza benefits – including paid time off, attractive medical, dental, vision insurance program and plenty of great chocolate!
Each employee at Taza is subject to an annual and 6-month performance review. These reviews address the points found in the Duties & Responsibilities section above and allow the Company and the Employee to evaluate their success in fulfilling them. The Shipping Supervisor is encouraged to seek out training and mentorship opportunities that will enhance growth and personal fulfillment with Taza and beyond. Taza wants to promote career development, and will support these endeavors. Results from performance reviews are used to make improvements inside the company, educate and empower the employee, provide benchmarks for individual growth, and provide factual basis for increases in compensation. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis.
View more careers at Taza, here.