At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to speak loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Taza is organized into three major functions at its Somerville operation: Production, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The Sales Administrator is responsible for supporting the Sales Team by entering customer orders and providing key administrative and service tasks for all Taza sales channels.
- Create sales materials and sell sheets. Maintain new item paperwork and product updates to customers.
- Syndicated data management.
- Manage key customer and distributor data portals.
- Check data accuracy on orders and invoices.
- Maintain and update sales and customer records.
- Develop monthly sales reports.
- Ensure sales targets are met and report any deviations.
- Stay up-to-date with new products and features.
- Participate and assist in promotional planning and customer contracts.
Sales Management, Marketing & Customer Service
- Order entry for distributor and major direct accounts.
- Order entry for independent direct retail accounts (and other overflow, as needed).
- Process orders via email and phone.
- Develop and execute sales growth strategy for assigned segments.
- Participate and assist in planning for key trade show events.
- Assist with trade marketing programs and provide marketing support when needed.
- Contact customers to obtain missing information or answer queries.
- Liaise with the Logistics department to ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate important feedback from customers internally.
- Support outside brokers and national sales teams as needed.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines.
- Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel required. Proficient knowledge of both MS Office Suite and G Suite preferred.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Patient and positive attitude with an ability to work well under pressure.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The Sales Administrator will be required to perform these activities at Taza’s Somerville, MA office. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
This position is eligible for Taza benefits – including paid time off, attractive medical, dental, vision insurance program and plenty of great chocolate!
Interested candidates should send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls, please.
View more careers at Taza, here.