At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to speak loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Taza is organized into five major functions at its Somerville operation: Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Finance & Administration, Customer Service, and Retail Operations. The Sales Associate is part of the Sales team and performs an important role in our organization in shaping and implementing strategies to grow our wholesale and distributor businesses. Sales Associates are Taza’s first line of contact with our direct wholesale and distributor-managed customers and are also our front-line customer prospectors. They have an overarching responsibility to build the importance of the Taza brand.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and execute sales efforts for phone and email outreach.
- Monitor daily sales/customer acquisitions and implement strategies to ensure necessary benchmarks are achieved to successfully hit monthly/annual goals.
- Work with Director of Sales to develop regional short term strategies to increase daily/weekly sales, average order sizes, and increase the rate at which leads move through the sales pipeline.
- Work with Director of Sales to develop tools and implement programs to help hit short term goals including but not limited to, daily outbound calls, new customer contact lists, and account type SKU optimization.
- Work with Director of Sales to devise strategies for customer retention, customer SKU expansion, and customer acquisition; this requires creative thinking and analysis; processing customer feedback with your team and acting on that.
- Major accounts to be serviced in the defined territory include, but are not limited to Whole Foods, INFRA, NCG, and other Natural Retailers
- Develop annual and quarterly strategies for continued growth within the defined territory.
- Gain a basic understanding of other regions, and our key partners within them in order to have a complete view of Taza’s business, and be able to assist with sales outside of the defined territory.
- Understand all day to day Sales Team operations in order to be able to assist other team members during periods of heavy travel/workload. This includes but is not limited to knowing how to enter and mark cleared orders for Whole Foods and other chains.
- Generate quarterly and annual promotional calendars to assist in regional growth.
- Develop regional travel plans focused upon the defined territory. Travel plans should be based upon strategic growth opportunities where travel will be beneficial in achieving the Sales Team goals.
- Learn all the features of QuickBooks (our order processing and bookkeeping system) in order to be most effective in your daily duties of making and taking a volume of customer telephone calls and emails, writing orders, following up, and taking notes.
- Manage one’s time and activities as they’ve been laid out by the Director of Sales to best accomplish Taza’s monthly goals.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree business or a related field
- 1-3 years in sales or customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Quickbooks, spreadsheets, MS office, GSuite
This is a full-time, position. Hours for this position are determined by Taza business hours and will reflect the needs of the Sales department. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
This position is eligible for Taza benefits – including paid time off, attractive medical, dental, vision insurance program and plenty of great chocolate!
Interested candidates should send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls, please.
View more careers at Taza, here.