At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Taza is organized into three major functions at its Somerville operation: Production, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The Sanitation Associate performs an important role on the Production team. This position will responsible for ensuring cleanliness of the factory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- General factory cleaning (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming surfaces, furniture, etc)
- Making space, organizing and straightening out where necessary
- Washing chocolate molds, dishes and small equipment
- Laundering staff uniforms on-site
- Operating all company equipment in a safe and proper manner
- Cleaning and restocking factory restrooms
- Reporting building and equipment maintenance issues
- Adhere to all company-related policies and procedures
- Maintain a neat and safe work space
- Comply with Taza’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- Additional ad hoc duties as required
- Preform chemical titration verification
- Follow all standard sanitation operation procedure (SSOP)
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
Above all, a Sanitation Associate must be diligent in their duties. They should have strong verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to follow directions. This position requires frequently lifting up to 50lbs, standing on your feet for up to 8 hours per day, working in rooms of varying temperature, as well as performing repetitive tasks.
The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week on a regular shift. Hours for this position are 2:00pm-10:30pm. A strong attendance record is crucial to the success of this position.
View more careers at Taza, here.