At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator performs an important role on the Production team by providing a sustainable and consistent resource for shipping of Taza’s chocolate products from Taza’s production facility. He/she is involved, on a day-to-day basis, with transportation coordination, communication between Sales/Production/Shipping and Customer Service, the packaging of Taza’s products for safe transport, and ensures shipments are processed in a timely and accurate manner. The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator will manage, organize and prioritize orders, as well as ensuring shipping supplies are well-stocked, for the shipping team to accomplish order fulfillment efficiently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate transportation for outbound and inbound freight shipments. This includes beans, raw ingredients, and pallets to wholesale and distributor accounts
- Coordinate transportation needs for raw ingredients
- Track damaged and misdirected shipments to ensure proper crediting by the transportation companies
- Organize distributor orders according to need, ensure all emails are sent and sales team is updated
- Organize and coordinate refrigerated trucks according to shipping lanes, weather, and time sensitive loads
Logging and Paperwork:
- Maintain spreadsheets for tracking shipments of Taza’s products (e.g. Freight and Distributor worksheets)
- Perform Taza’s monthly physical inventory count of all shipping supplies
- Oversee physical inventory and maintenance of related spreadsheets including but not limited to the out of stock document
- Ensure all special needs items are communicated to the production team
- File and follow up on damaged shipment claims
- File paperwork for International shipping, including NAFTA, SILs, and organic certification documents
- Maintaining inventory of packaging, insulation, ice and various shipping supplies
- Receiving and loading items using the forklift, and assisting Shift Leaders and the Maintenance Tech to ensure the forklift is in proper working order and charged
- Retail, Wholesale Sales and Customer Service team’s point of contact for holiday shipping schedules, service updates, rush shipping needs, and corporate gift logistics
- Day-to-day order fulfillment and shipping, including packing of distributor, wholesales, and retail customer orders for shipment
- Ensuring proper shipping pricing and delivery schedules are followed by internal teams
- Maintain weather documents, segregating orders that need ice and insulation
- Maintaining and organizing the shipping file folders (e.g. holder folder)
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator should have experience working with UPS, FedEx and/or USPS shipping platforms. Prior experience with booking LTL, air freight shipments, US Customs, and import/export is desirable. This person must possess the following abilities and characteristics:
- Work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Stay focused, on-task, and manage workload autonomously
- Be well organized, very detail oriented and accurate
- Must with comfortable with Excel & Gmail/Google Drive
- Be able to lift and transport up to 40 pounds (minimal distances)
- Must be willing to operate a forklift (training is provided)
- 4-5 years of shipping experience, including international and freight shipments
The Coordinator should be comfortable communicating via phone, email, and in person with a variety of people, including vendors, customers, and employees to get the job done.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hours for the position are 9:00 am-5:30pm. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.