Shipping Assistant - Seasonal to Permanent
At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to speak loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with boldflavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Taza is organized into three major functions at its Somerville operation: Production, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The Shipping Assistant performs an important role on the Production team. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager. The position provides a sustainable and consistent resource for shipping of Taza’s chocolate products from Taza’s production facility, as well as assistance when needed with receiving and tracking of Taza’s ingredients, packaging, and finished products. The assistant is involved, on a day-to-day basis, with assembling and preparing product orders for daily fulfillment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Packing and labelling outgoing small parcel shipments for Internet, Amazon, and Wholesale channels
- Maintain electronic logs to track shipping of small parcel outgoing shipments
- Clean, organize, and stock working area for small parcel fulfillment.
- Prepare assemblies of Taza product sold via Internet, Amazon, and Wholesale channels
- Assist with building pallet-sized distributor and Amazon orders as needed
Receiving and Inventory:
- Receive packaging and ingredient orders, verifying quantities received
- Put away packaging and ingredient orders, using FIFO rotation
- Perform monthly inventory count of packaging and Production floor products
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The Shipping Assistant should have experience working with UPS, FedEx and USPS shipping platforms.
This person must possess the following abilities and characteristics:
- Work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Stay focused, on-task, and manage workload autonomously
- Proficient in basic computer skills, such as GSuite and Quickbooks
- Stay well organized, very detail oriented, and report accurate information
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds (minimal distances)
- Standing for most of the workday
The Shipping Assistant should be comfortable communicating via phone, email, and in person with a variety of people, including vendors, customers, and employees to get the job done.
This is a full-time, seasonal, non-exempt position. Hours for the position are determined by business needs and will be decided by the Shipping team and confirmed by the Supply Chain Manager. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week unless otherwise noted. This position will last through December of 2023, with possible advancement to permanent full-time employment afterward.