At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We grind quality ingredients using only stone mills to make a minimally processed chocolate unlike anything you’ve ever tasted.
Taza is organized into three major functions at its Somerville operation: Production, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The Shipping Manager performs an important role on the Production team, managing the daily activities leading to the shipping of Taza’s chocolate products from Taza’s production facility and warehouse. He/she is involved, on a day-to-day basis, with transportation coordination, communication between Sales/Retail/Production/Shipping and Customer Service, the packaging of Taza’s products for safe transport, and ensuring shipments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the coordination of transportation for inbound and outbound freight shipments, including freight cost quotes, cost audits and reporting. This includes cocoa beans, raw materials, FedEx shipments and wholesale and distributor accounts
- Finished Goods inventory management. Maintain accurate daily inventory of all on hand finished goods.
- Tracking of damaged and misdirected shipments to ensure proper crediting by the transportation companies
- Coordinate with Purchasing Manager for transportation needs for raw ingredients and maintain systems for managing inbound shipments and receiving records.
- Perform daily ship check (and publish) to ensure all packages/pallets leave the warehouse safely and on time.
- Manage available inventory by coordinating and prioritizing shipments to customers by geographic location and volumes. Connect daily with Director of Manufacturing to align on shipping priorities.
- Books trucks for outgoing pallets/boxes
Logging and Paperwork:
- Oversee electronic and physical documents to track shipping of Taza products, such as the Freight and Distributor files
- Maintain vehicle inspection reports and visitor sign in log according to company policy
- Oversight of all shipping related documents, including but not limited to out of stock document, ship check report, and finished goods inventory log.
- Auditing and reconciliation of transportation-related invoices for payment
- Manages day-to-day order fulfillment and shipping activities, including packing of distributor, wholesales, and retail customer orders for shipment
- Manage fulfillment timelines to meet Retail, Wholesale and Distributor deadlines and be the primary contact of the fulfillments team to Sales, Retail and Customer Service teams.
- Maintain contacts and relationships with and negotiate pricing with vendors including FedEx, UPS, MetroPed, LTL carriers, and corrugated box and pallet vendors, as well as vendors for cold packs and insulation and other shipping materials.
- Work with Director of Manufacturing to forecast annual budget; support the development of a seasonal pricing structure for shipping charges billed
- Identify systems and procedures designed to improve shipping operations and make recommendations.
- Retail and Wholesale Sales Teams and Customer Service point of contact for holiday shipping schedules, service updates, rush shipping needs, and corporate gift logistics
- Annual review and negotiation of shipping rates and price list updates
- Ensuring proper shipping pricing and delivery schedules are followed by internal teams
- Maintain appropriate traceability records for bi-annual mock recalls and participate accordingly.
- Track FIFO of all finished good dates/lot codes. Maintain records of products received and when they began to ship and when inventory was exhausted.
- Develop and implement effective pick-and-pack systems for heavy sales periods and gift building and packing to meet tight deadlines for shipment.
- Constantly improve process and efficiency for packing orders and ensure team is hitting shipping targets with an error rate below 0.5%
- Work closely with production and shipping staff on bundle building for gift shipments and maintain high quality standards for delivering excellent customer experience on un-boxing.
- Provide leadership, direction, and performance reviews to all shipping team members.
- Participates in recruitment, interviews and selection recommendations of any shipping positions
- Work closely with Shipping Team members to support their growth and development, and to ensure they have the right tools and appropriate training to perform at a high level.
- Conduct monthly safety audit of facility and equipment. Report deficiencies to Plant Manager and Dir. Manufacturing.
- Support food safety team in Weekly Audits and ensure corrective actions are completed on time and in full.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The Shipping Manager should have experience working with shipping platforms and booking LTL and airfreight shipments. Prior experience with US Customs, and import/export is desirable. This person must possess the following abilities and characteristics:
- Work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Manage daily workload of shipments and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Be a good communicator, able to clearly present information in writing and verbally
- Be well organized, very detail oriented and accurate
- Be able to lift and transport for short distances up to 40 pounds
- The Manager should be comfortable communicating via phone, email, and in person with a variety of people, including vendors, customers, and employees to get the job done.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours for the position will be determined by the Taza production schedule, and defined by the Director of Manufacturing, and will reflect the needs of the business. The employee is expected to work 40 hours per week.
Each employee at Taza is subject to an annual and 6-month performance review. These reviews address the points found in the Duties & Responsibilities section above and allow the Company and the Employee to evaluate their success in fulfilling them. The Shipping Supervisor is encouraged to seek out training and mentorship opportunities that will enhance growth and personal fulfillment with Taza and beyond. Taza wants to promote career development, and will support these endeavors. Results from performance reviews are used to make improvements inside the company, educate and empower the employee, provide benchmarks for individual growth, and provide factual basis for increases in compensation. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis.
View more careers at Taza, here.