TAZA CHOCOLATE BAR STAFF
At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Taza is organized into three major functions: Production, Sales & Marketing, and Operations. The Chocolate Bar staff will perform an important role on the Retail team staffing the company’s first off-site retail location: The Taza Chocolate Bar at the Boston Public Market. The Chocolate Barista takes orders and makes hot chocolate drinks while providing outstanding customer service and educating customers about Taza Chocolate practices and products.
At The Taza Chocolate Bar at the BPM, we provide a chocolate experience unlike any other that allows fans both new and old to savor and appreciate our unique style of stone ground chocolate. We grind roasted cacao nibs using stone mills to make fresh stone ground hot chocolate and iced chocolate drinks, just as Alex Whitmore learned to do in Oaxaca, inspiring him to start Taza Chocolate. The sight and smell of fresh ground cacao enhances our visitors’ experience as they sip chocolate drinks, sample our products, and learn about the history, origin and art of chocolate-making through the Taza story.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct daily opening and closing sales procedures including cash drawer reconciliation and end day Z out
- Welcome customers and answer questions about menu items and products
- Prepare and serve hot chocolate drinks
- Set up and break down tastings/sample presentation, cleaning, & re-stocking
- Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of store product merchandising
- Responsible for accurate product pricing and loss prevention
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional customer service skills (including strong verbal and written communication skills), and must be able to adapt easily to changes in workflow.
- One year of café/barista experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability. Peak business periods may require
- extended work days and work weeks
Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 30 pounds
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Hours for the position will be determined by the hours of operation for the BPM and special events. Opening hours for the BPM are Monday - Saturday from 8am-8pm and Sunday 10am – 6pm. Morning shifts can begin as early as one hour before opening (7am) and closing shifts can end as late as 8:30 or 9pm. The employee is expected to work 32-40 hours per week.