Taza Chocolate Bar Staff (PT)
Taza is organized into two major functions: Production and Operations (including Sales, Marketing & Retail). The Chocolate Bar staff will perform an important role on the Retail team staffing company’s first off-site retail location: The Taza Chocolate Café at the Boston Public Market. He/she takes orders and makes hot chocolate drinks while providing outstanding customer service and educating customers about Taza Chocolate practices and products.
The Taza Chocolate Cafe at the BPM is an experience unlike any other. We grind cacao using stone mills to make Mexican-style hot chocolate, just as Alex Whitmore learned to do in Oaxaca, inspiring him to start Taza Chocolate. The sight and smell of fresh ground cacao enhances visitors’ experience as they sip a taza de chocolate, sample our products, and learn about the history, origin and art of chocolate-making through the Taza story.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct daily opening and closing sales procedures including cash drawer reconciliation and end day Z out
- Welcome customers and answer questions about menu items and products
- Prepare and serve chocolate drinks, churros and pastries, and made in house chocolate products
- Set up and break down tastings/sample presentation, cleaning, & re-stocking
- Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of store product merchandising Responsible for accurate product pricing and loss prevention
- Ensure an educational experience that provides accurate information about our history, mission, manufacturing processes, and products
- Willingness to train on the operation of our molinos encouraged!
Experience & Requirements
- The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional customer service skills (including strong verbal and written communication skills), and must be able to adapt easily to changes in workflow.
- Some food service / retail customer service preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability. Peak business periods may require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 30 pounds
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Hours for the position will be determined by the hours of operation for the BPM and special events. Opening hours for the BPM are Monday - Saturday from 8am-8pm and Sunday 10am – 6pm. Morning shifts can begin as early as one hour before opening (7am) and closing shifts can end as late as 8:30 or 9pm. The employee is expected to work 21 – 28 hours per week.
The employee must be available all weekends during the fall and holiday season with some flexibility to pick up extra shifts as needed throughout the week.
View more careers at Taza, here.