6 medium bananas, with peels on
2 bars (6 oz.) Taza 60% Dark Dominican Republic Origin Bar
Approximately 1 cup each of 2 or 3 assorted toppings, e.g. chopped nuts, flaked coconut, or Taza 95% Wicked Dark Amaze Bar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 popsicle sticks
1. Cut unpeeled bananas in half width-wise, and stick on to popsicle sticks (keep the peel on while you do this!)
2. After cutting and sticking all of the bananas, take off the peels and place bananas on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer for about 90 minutes.
3. While bananas are freezing, prepare toppings as needed. I used roasted salted peanuts (roughly chopped), flaked coconut (toasted lightly in a pan), and finely chopped Taza 95% Wicked Dark Amaze Bar.
4. Place the prepared toppings on separate shallow plates, then coarsely chop the chocolate and melt it slowly in a heavy-bottomed pot on the stove-top, over low heat, stirring often to avoid clumps and burning.
5. Line a baking sheet or platter with parchment paper to place the banana pops on after dipping.
6. Once chocolate is smooth and lump-free, remove it from the heat. Take frozen banana pops out of the freezer and dip, then roll immediately in the topping of your choice! It gets a bit messy, so set them on the parchment-lined baking sheet or platter.
7. After all bananas have been coated and topped, place them back in the freezer for 30 minutes to for the chocolate coating to harden.