May 2020 note:
Dear chocolate loving friends, thank you for all the wonderful orders! We're fully functional here at the factory, but occasionally orders may take a bit longer than usual to ship, due to increased order volume. At this time most orders ship within 3-6 business days. Scroll down for info about warm weather & shipping chocolate, since summer is almost here!
Also, our carrier UPS has an active service alert - please note that they have temporarily suspended their Service Guarantee during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means some shipments may arrive later than estimated - including expedited packages. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Thank you!
General Info For Shipping Destinations in the US:
- All Taza Chocolate web orders are shipped via UPS.
- We currently only ship to the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska.
- Please note that UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes. We are unable to ship to PO Boxes at this time.
- Currently, orders generally ship within 3-6 business days of receipt. We are experiencing high order volumes right now, so occasionally there may be additional delays.
- Orders may occasionally be held if temperatures are too high to safely ship them to their specified destination. Orders held due to heat will ship as soon as temperatures cool enough to allow safe shipping. If your order needs to be held, you will receive an email notification.
- UPS makes home deliveries Tuesday through Saturday to residential addresses from 9 AM to 7 PM. No deliveries are made on legal holidays. Orders shipping UPS Ground typically reach their destination in 1 to 5 business days. For information about transit times to your area please refer to the map above or visit the UPS website.
- The default shipping method is UPS Ground, unless otherwise noted. For faster delivery, we offer expedited shipping options, including overnight shipping, at an additional cost. Note: UPS has temporarily suspended their Service Guarantee due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Keep this in mind if you choose an expedited shipping option. Please remember to specify your preferred delivery method during checkout.
At this time, we are only able to ship to destinations in the United States. We do not ship internationally. Email email@example.com to find Taza at a store near you!
If you are ordering from another country for shipment to an address in the United States, please note that we only accept credit cards that support AVS (address verification system). Many banks outside the United States do not issue cards that support AVS; please contact your bank to verify AVS support on your credit card.
Shipping Chocolate & Warm Weather:
Chocolate is easily damaged by heat and sunlight. We take every precaution to ensure your chocolate reaches you in perfect, delicious condition.
- When shipping chocolate to destinations with temperatures over 70ºF, we may need to delay your shipment in order to decrease transit time, or require you to select an expedited shipping option for an additional charge.
- When temperatures require it, we always include an ice pack and insulation to prevent melting during transit.
- We highly recommend shipping your chocolate to an address where someone is available to receive it in a timely fashion in order to avoid any damage. Even sitting out on a porch for a few hours can cause damage, if the weather is hot.
- During warm weather months, shipments in 4+ day shipping zones typically ship out from Taza Monday-Wednesday only, to avoid them sitting in non-temperature controlled environments over a weekend.