2019 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
'Tis the season! If you need delivery of your chocolate by 12/24 via UPS Ground, please be sure to place your order by the following dates and times, based on which UPS delivery zone you are in (see map below). If you order after these dates and need delivery by 12/24, please select an expedited shipping option.
Please note: Taza cannot control shipping delays caused by weather, carrier error, etc. so we encourage you to order as early as possible.
1 day zone: before 11:59pm EST on Friday 12/20
2 day zone: before 11:59pm EST on Thursday 12/19
3 day zone: before 11:59pm EST on Wednesday 12/18
4 day zone: before 11:59pm EST on Tuesday 12/17
5 day zone: before 11:59pm EST on Monday 12/16
6 day zone; before 11:59pm EST on Friday 12/13
General Info For Shipping Destinations in the US:
- All Taza Chocolate web orders are shipped via UPS.
- We currently only ship to the continental United States, Hawaii and Alaska.
- Please note that UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes. We are unable to ship to PO Boxes at this time.
- Orders placed on our website before 9am ET will generally be shipped on the same day.
- Orders placed after 9am ET or over the weekend will generally ship on the next business day
- Orders may occasionally be held if temperatures are too high to safely ship them to their specified destination. Orders held due to heat will ship as soon as temperatures cool enough to allow safe shipping. If your order needs to be held, you will receive an email notification.
- UPS makes home deliveries Tuesday through Saturday to residential addresses from 9 AM to 7 PM. No deliveries are made on legal holidays. Orders shipping UPS Ground typically reach their destination in 1 to 5 business days. For information about transit times to your area please visit the UPS site here.
- The default shipping method is UPS Ground, unless otherwise noted. For faster delivery, we offer expedited shipping options, including overnight shipping, at an additional cost. Please remember to specify your preferred delivery method during checkout.
At this time, we are only able to ship to destinations in the United States. We do not ship internationally. Email email@example.com to find Taza at a store near you!
If you are ordering from another country for shipment to an address in the United States, please note that we only accept credit cards that support AVS (address verification system). Many banks outside the United States do not issue cards that support AVS; please contact your bank to verify AVS support on your credit card.
Shipping Chocolate & Warm Weather:
Chocolate is easily damaged by heat and sunlight. We take every precaution to ensure your chocolate reaches you in perfect condition.
- When shipping chocolate to destinations with temperatures over 70ºF, we may need to delay your shipment in order to decrease transit time, or require you to select an expedited shipping option for an additional charge.
- When temperatures require it, we will include an ice pack and insulation to prevent melting during transit.
- We highly recommend shipping your chocolate to an address where someone is available to receive it in a timely fashion in order to avoid any damage.
- During warm weather months, shipments in 4+ day shipping zones typically ship out from Taza Monday-Wednesday only, to avoid them sitting in non-temperature controlled environments over a weekend.