Join the Taza Chocolate Team
Chocolate is important, but where would we be without the team who make & share our seriously good products? We treat our employees fairly and respectfully, teach them about their jobs, commit to their growth with us, and are always improving our processes, policies and products!
We are looking for some passionate, interested people to join our team and help us to make and sell our unique products to our loyal customers. If you’re interested in any of the positions listed below, send us a cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com. Visit our benefits page!
NEW! Don't have a resume, but still interested in Taza? You can now click here to fill out our job application.
Open Positions at The Taza Chocolate Factory
561 Windsor Street, Somerville, MA 02143
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
At Taza we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator performs an important role on the Manufacturing team. He/she is involved, on a day-to-day basis, with transportation coordination, communication between Sales/Production/Shipping and Customer Service, and the packaging of Taza’s products for safe transport, and ensures shipments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate transportation for outbound and inbound freight shipments. This includes beans, raw ingredients, and pallets to wholesale and distributor accounts.
- Tracking of damaged and misdirected shipments to ensure proper crediting by the transportation companies.
Logging and Paperwork:
- Maintain spreadsheets for tracking shipments of Taza’s products (e.g. Freight and Distributor worksheets).
- Perform Taza’s monthly physical inventory count of all shipping supplies Oversight of physical inventory and maintenance of related spreadsheets including but not limited to: out of stock document
Receiving and loading items using the forklift, and assisting Shift Leaders and the Maintenance Tech to ensure the forklift is in proper working order and charged
- Retail, Wholesale Sales and Customer Service Team’s point of contact for holiday shipping schedules, service updates, rush shipping needs, and corporate gift logistics
- Day-to-day order fulfillment and shipping, including packing of distributor, wholesales, and retail customer orders for shipment
- Ensuring proper shipping pricing and delivery schedules are followed by internal teams
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator should have experience working with UPS, FedEx and/or USPS shipping platforms. Prior experience with booking LTL, air freight shipments, US Customs, and import/export is desirable. This person must possess the following abilities and characteristics:
- Work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Stay focused, on-task, and manage workload autonomously
- Be well organized, very detail oriented and accurate
- Must with comfortable with Excel & Gmail/Google Drive
- Be able to lift and transport up to 40 pounds (minimal distances)
- Must be willing to operate a forklift (training is provided)
The Coordinator should be comfortable communicating via phone, email, and in person with a variety of people, including vendors, customers, and employees to get the job done.
No calls, please.