2 Packages of your favorite flavor of Chocolate Mexicano (approx. 5 ounces)
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 heaping cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Place chocolate in a small glass bowl; microwave on high for 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl cream sugar and butter together. Add egg and beat well. Add cooled chocolate and vanilla. Beat until just blended.
4. Add flour mixture and beat until blended. 5. Drop spoon fulls of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until almost set.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for another 2 minutes or until set. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Yields about 25 cookies.
(adapted from Cooking Light Mexican Chocolate Cookie recipe)