Move over, Peanut Butter and Jelly - Chocolate and Bourbon are the new favorite American flavor combination. We've taken our classic truffle recipe and added a dash of bourbon for a bold taste that will keep you coming back for more. These truffles even stay fresh in the fridge for up to two weeks, but they're so tasty that there's little chance they make it that long.
- 6 oz of 70% Deliciously Dark Bar
- 2 oz of Heavy Cream or Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 oz of Whiskey, Bourbon, or Rye
- Chop up 6oz of chocolate into small pieces.
- Heat chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir until all of the chocolate is completely melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the cream and Bourbon.
- Transfer the chocolate ganache into a jar or Tupperware container and store in the fridge overnight.
- Once the ganache has chilled overnight, separate the chocolate ganache into 12 equal portions. Roll these into balls using your hands and then roll into the topping of your choice.