No need to turn on the oven to make this show stopping mousse pie! Every bite is simultaneously rich and refreshing while airy and intense, but magic things tend to happen when you combine fresh fruit, bold chocolate, and salty-crunchy goodness.
2 cups crispy pretzels (about 70-72 pieces- yes we counted)
½ unsweetened shredded coconut
6 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp sugar
3 2.5oz packages 70% Deliciously Dark Chocolate Bars
2 ½ cups heavy cream
5 medium strawberries, cored and sliced
8 blackberries, halved
4 tsp sugar
2 clementines, segmented
1 cup heavy cream
9-inch pie pan
1. In a small bowl, combine strawberries, blackberries, and 2 tsp sugar and toss to coat evenly. Set aside to macerate.
2. In a food processor, pulse pretzels until finely ground. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand. If you don’t have a food processor, throw the pretzels into a heavy-duty ziploc bag and, with a rolling pin, frying pan, or your bare fists, crush the pretzels into crumbs. In a small bowl, mix crumbs with the remaining ingredients. Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish/pan to form the crust. Chill in the fridge, at least 30 minutes.
3. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in microwave, 30 seconds at a time,until no solid pieces are left (about 1 minute). Set aside to cool but not solidify.
4. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold cream into melted chocolate in 3 parts until well combined. Transfer mixture to pie shell and spread it out until it is even. Chill until it sets, ~3 hours.
5. Whisk remaining cream with remaining sugar until soft peaks form. Decorate top of pie with cream and fruit. Serve chilled. Pie can be kept, chilled, in plastic wrap for up to 1 week.