At Taza Chocolate we make organic, stone ground chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
Taza is organized into two major functions: Production and Operations (including Sales, Marketing & Retail). The Chocolate Guide performs an important role on the Retail team within the Retail division. He/she provides outstanding customer service and readily engages and educates customers about Taza Chocolate practices and products. He/she contributes to volume sales growth as forecasted in monthly sales goals.
A Factory Store Associate is responsible for two jobs - Tour Guide and Customer Service Associate. As a Tour Guide, they give interesting, exciting, engaging 45-minute tours of our manufacturing facility, teaching guests about how cacao is grown, our unique Direct Trade program that brings it to us, and our manufacturing process. As a Customer Service Associate, they answer questions about products, offer samples, and ring purchases up using the in-store POS system, as well as completing housekeeping tasks in the store throughout the day. The ideal candidate for the Factory Store Associate role is excited to combine both these roles into one!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service Associate:
- Conduct daily opening and closing sales procedures including cash drawer reconciliation and end day Sales Summary print out.
- Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of store product merchandising.
- Responsible for accurate product pricing and loss prevention.
- Assist with completion of monthly inventory counts.
- Help to train new store staff, as needed.
- Work with store team to carry out to-do schedule and maximize productivity during store shifts.
- Assist the Factory Store Manager and Tour and Events Coordinator with event preparation as needed; identifying supply needs, merchandising, set-up & breakdown, etc.
- Set up and break down regularly scheduled tour tastings, including sample presentation, cleaning, & re-stocking.
- Ensure an educational experience that provides accurate information about our history, mission, manufacturing processes, and products.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, have exceptional customer service skills (including strong verbal and written communication skills), and must be able to adapt easily to changes in workflow.
- Experience in agricultural, retail, or service industry required
- Professional or personal experience in (organic foods, sustainable practices,) is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexible work schedule required including weekend and holiday availability. Peak business periods may require extended work days and work weeks
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 30 pounds
This is a non-exempt position. Hours for the position are determined by the Taza retail schedule, and defined by the Factory Store Manager. Taza’s factory store and tour business currently operates Monday-Friday, 11am-6pm, and Saturday-Sunday, 10am-6pm. In addition, Taza regularly participates in or hosts off-site and on-site events.
Each employee at Taza is subject to an annual and 6-month performance review. These reviews address the points found in the Duties & Responsibilities section above and allow the Company and the Employee to evaluate their success in fulfilling them. The Chocolate Guide is encouraged to seek out training and mentorship opportunities that will enhance growth and personal fulfillment with Taza and beyond. Taza wants to promote career development, and will support these endeavors. Results from performance reviews are used to make improvements inside the company, educate and empower the employee, provide benchmarks for individual growth, and provide factual basis for increases in compensation. Compensation is reviewed on an annual basis.
Interested candidates should send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls, please.
View more careers at Taza, here.