At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
The Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs Manager performs an important role on the Production team. The person in this role will be responsible for the coordination, audit, and implementation and update of quality systems in Taza’s Production facility and factory store. This position will have responsibility for leading implementation and on-going program management, in addition to guiding continuous improvement and education of our production team with regard to quality and ensure compliance with product specifications, labeling, and regulatory standards. They will participate in regulatory inspections, follow-up corrections, and maintain appropriate records needed to satisfy the requirements of the various internal programs as well records needed for the FDA, Organic, Kosher, and Gluten-Free certifications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, updating, and making continual improvements to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Oversees and enforces compliance and remains current with all applicable regulatory and GFSI requirements, specifically the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing and the SQF Food Quality Code.
- Manages and enhance the plant sanitation.
- Involved in new product development process to ensure label regulatory requirements and Food Safety and Quality Management programs are followed to during the process.
- Develops, implements, audits and sustains all Quality and regulatory programs.
- Develops, implements and maintains company’s HACCP program and pest control programs.
- Revise, implement and execute facility QA training program.
- Develop and monitor KPIs for quality.
- Manage FDA and plant visits and audits and executes corrective actions.
- Communicates customer complaints according to procedure/as necessary.
- Lead a HACCP team to provide a preventative approach to food safety.
- Manages monthly self and Internal audits.
- Manages Sanitation systems.
- Support maintenance Systems.
- Maintain up-to-date Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free certifications for all raw ingredients.
- Participate in Regulatory inspection by being involved in tours, documentation review and closing meetings.
- Follow-up and assist to complete Regulatory observations noted during Regulatory inspections and ensuring completion by the committed deadline(s).
- Participate in compiling details for product certification renewals and new product and ingredient filing for approval.
- Review new artwork and revisions with Chief Design Officer to ensure regulatory compliance.
Alternative Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Comfortably and effectively manage and provide leadership to a bilingual staff.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers to define and enforce company standards.
- Ensure critical limits and food safety and quality controls remain current and effective.
- Remain current and ensure compliance with product labeling requirements.
- Ensure plant is “audit-ready” at all times and oversee any customer, third-party, or regulatory audits.
- Evaluate non-conformities and/or deviations through root cause analysis and provide recommendations and guidance for resolution.
- Develop and oversee the plant’s microbiological testing program to ensure food safety and quality and effective sanitation practices.
- Develop and deliver employee training, as it relates to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Oversee the Sanitation Department and ensure effective plant sanitation.
- Contribute to and advise the plant safety committee.
- Support management in other related duties, as required.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related field strongly preferred
- FSMA PCQI Certification
- HACCP Certification
- SQF Practitioner Certification
- 3+ years related experience
- Proven experience developing, implementing, and maintaining systems
- Highly effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Must be organized, reliable, trustworthy and demonstrate good judgment
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exposure required to external audits
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as necessary
This is a full-time, exempt position. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
Interested candidates should send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls, please.
View more careers at Taza, here.