At Taza Chocolate we make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
The Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs Manager performs an important role on the Production team. The person in this role will be responsible for the coordination, audit, and implementation and update of quality systems in Taza’s Production facility, factory store, and café location. This position will have responsibility for leading implementation and on-going program management, in addition to guiding continuous improvement and education of our production team with regard to quality and ensure compliance with product specifications, labeling, and regulatory standards. They will participate in regulatory inspections, follow-up corrections, and maintain appropriate records needed to satisfy the requirements of the various internal programs as well records needed for the FDA, Organic, Kosher, and Gluten-Free certifications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft and implement QA Standard Operating Procedures
- Develops, implements, audits and sustains all Quality and regulatory programs
- Develops, implements and maintains company’s HACCP program and pest control programs
- Revise, implement and execute facility QA training program
- Develop and monitor KPIs for quality
- Manage FDA and plant visits and audits and executes corrective actions
- Communicates customer complaints according to procedure/as necessary
- Lead a HACCP team to provide a preventative approach to food safety
- Manages monthly self and Internal audits
- Manages a CAPA program to provide root cause analysis for all deviations in the plant.
- Manages Sanitation systems
- Manage maintenance Systems
- Maintain up-to-date Kosher, Organic and Gluten-Free certifications for all raw ingredients
- Participate in Regulatory inspection by being involved in tours, documentation review and closing meetings
- Follow-up and assist to complete Regulatory observations noted during Regulatory inspections and ensuring completion by the committed deadline(s)
- Participate in compiling details for product certification renewals and new product and ingredient filing for approval
- Coordinate printing of product packaging. Review artwork with Chief Design Officer to ensure marketing and regulatory compliance. Oversee vendor proof approval process.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science or related field strongly preferred
- PCQI Certification
- HACCP Certification
- 3+ years related experience
- Extended specialized training from SQF strongly preferred
- Proven experience developing and enforcing systems
- Highly effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Must be organized, reliable, trustworthy and demonstrate good judgment
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Exposure to required audits, proven implementation of quality programs.
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Knowledgeable of allergy control procedures
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as necessary
This is a full-time, exempt position. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
View more careers at Taza, here.