At Taza Chocolate we make organic, stone ground chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
This position will work under the guidance of the Production Manager to help maintain the quality of Taza Chocolate products and to assure the compliance of Good Manufacturing Procedures and company policies.
Duties & Responsibilities for Quality Assurance Technician
- Experience with FDA guidelines and Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures in the food manufacturing industry
- Perform quality assurance testing and process control activities
- Help to maintain appropriate quality systems
- Assures compliance with specifications and standards to include HACCP, Food Safety Guidelines and GMPs
- Performs audits
- Responsible for inspecting and testing products
- Ability to write reports
- 2-3 years of related industry experience
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, as necessary
- Standing on your feet for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day
- Working in rooms of varying temperature
- Performing repetitive tasks
This is a full time, non-exempt position. Hours for this position are determined by the Taza production schedule and will reflect the needs of the production team. The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week. This position must be on site at our Somerville production facility.
Work Remotely: No
Interested candidates should Apply Here for QA Technician. No calls, please.
View more careers at Taza, here.