Get cozy with our Mexican Hot Chocolate recipe! Make it your own using any of the Taza Chocolate Mexicano Discs: spice it up with Guajillo Chili, sweeten it with Vanilla, or make it super chocolaty with Cacao Puro!
1 2.7 oz package Taza Chocolate Mexicano (any flavor)
2 cups milk, soy milk, almond milk, or water
salt to taste
1. Roughly chop or grate the chocolate and set aside.
2. Heat two cups of milk or water in a small saucepan over medium heat to just below a simmer.
3. Remove the milk from heat and add a pinch of salt.
4. Slowly mix in the chocolate, stirring frequently until dissolved.
5. When the chocolate is dissolved, return the mixture to the stove and re-warm over low heat.
6. While the chocolate is warming, use a whisk or molinillo to froth the chocolate.
7. When the chocolate is hot and frothy, remove from heat and serve. Serves 2.