This incredibly rich and decadent chocolate pudding was devised by chef Danny Angelopolus of The Charles Hotel in Harvard Square. Here's how to make it!
Photo by sleepyniko / flickr
1 ¼ cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
5 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz Taza 70% Dark Dominican Republic Origin Bar
1. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and set aside.
2. Combine milk and cream together and heat to a boil, and then remove from heat.
3. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until the mixture becomes creamy and pale yellow.
4. Add a small amount of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks, all the while stirring to prevent the eggs from cooking. Continue to add the cream mixture to the eggs until you've transferred half of the total.
5. Now add the cream and egg yolk mixture back to the remaining hot cream and milk, continuing to stir until combined.
6. Incorporate the melted chocolate, and separate into individual serving bowls. Let cool, and serve garnished with fresh cream, shaved chocolate, or strawberries.