What’s better than a homemade chocolate chip cookie, fresh out of the oven? These vegan chocolate chip cookies made with Taza Chocolate! We put a plant-based spin on a classic cookie with rich coconut oil and nutty almond milk, perfectly complemented by our Vanilla Chocolate Disc. These cookies are the perfect treat for anyone.
Yields 10 5-inch cookies
⅔ cup Coconut oil (unrefined)
⅔ cup Granulated sugar
⅔ cup Light brown sugar
⅓ cup Almond milk
2 ⅓ cup All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking soda
1 ½ tsps Baking powder
1 ½ cup Taza Chocolate Vanilla Disc
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Cream together the coconut oil and sugars until fully mixed. Add the almond milk in small additions to prevent fat separation.
3. Sift the flour into the bowl and mix (by hand or using an electronic mixer) until evenly mixed. Be careful not to overmix as it can create an undesirable texture in your final product.
4. While the dough is resting, chop the Chocolate Vanilla Disc into small pieces. Briefly mix them into the cookie dough.
5. Portion the cookie dough into 10 equal portions using an ice cream scoop, a spoon or your hand.
6. Place the cookie dough balls at even distance from each other to prevent them from touching each other while baking.
7. Personal tastes for cookie “doneness” vary, so if you’re looking for a soft and chewy texture, bake for 10-12 minutes or until the dough starts changing its color to a light brown. For a crunchy preference, bake for 20 minutes total or until a noticeable golden brown appears on the outside of the cookie.
8. Eat and enjoy! For the true chocoholic, you can even enjoy with a hot cup of Taza Hot Chocolate.
**Baker’s tip: portioned cookie dough can easily be frozen after mixing in Taza Chocolate; that way you can pop the cookies in the oven whenever you’re in the mood and enjoy freshly baked vegan cookies!