FACTORY STORE & TOUR MANAGER
We make stone ground, organic chocolate. We want our cacao’s complex flavors to shout loud and proud. That is why we stone grind cacao beans into minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything youhave ever tasted.
At Taza Chocolate, our mission is to make and share stone ground chocolate that is seriously good and fair for all. The Factory Store and Tour Manager plays an important role within Taza’s retail division on our Sales & Marketing team to bring our brand and mission to life within our Factory Store environment. Under the direction of the Factory Store & Tour Manager, the Factory Store team regularly hosts factory tours and unique chocolate experiences to engage and educate the public about Taza’s product, process and sourcing methods. At the Taza Factory, we aim to provide every guest with an unforgettable Taza experience that allows them to truly savor and appreciate our unique stone ground chocolate products, resulting in new Taza fans. With a focus on customer service and a strong understanding of the Taza brand, the Factory Store & Tour Manager is focused on providing an excellent experience to all of our guests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Factory Store & Tour Operations – The Factory Store and Tour Manager will have complete operational oversight and P&L responsibility over Taza’s Factory Store and Tour business. Working directly with the Marketing team, this position will be focused around delivering a consistent branded Taza experience to drive in Factory Store sales and Tour/ ticket revenue.
- Develop and execute on growth and profitability goals for the channel
- Maintain high quality staff on the Factory Store team, ensuring effective staffing, sales transactions, inventory management, and tour scheduling, and most importantly customer experience;
- Ensure excellent customer service and offer visitors an educational experience including Taza’s history, mission, manufacturing processes, and products;
- Ensure effectiveness of merchandising solutions
- Continually develop the Factory Store & Tour business to maximize revenues and brand experience;
- Working with the Marketing team to drive store and tour promotional efforts through partnerships, advertising, deals, and other traffic generating activities;
- Oversee effectiveness and accuracy of website pages that promote and provide information regarding the factory store and tours program;
- Forecast revenue, gift/unique products, and staffing needs;
Generate, share, and monitor financial goals for store and tour operations
Factory Tours, Classes and Chocolate Experiences These tasks involve managing ticketed tour and educational activities, staffing, and responsibilities. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Build ticketed Factory Tour and Educational content and programming calendar in support of identified sales targets and to fulfill seasonal demand and anticipated tour traffic (public holidays, school vacations etc.)
- Drive continued business development of tour & experiential offerings, as well as cross-promotion and outreach tactics to reach visitor traffic targets
- Work closely with Marketing team to ensure that the tour script and content are current and compelling
- Manage tour reservation system to streamline reservations and payment for public and private reservations, ticketed events etc.
- Train Factory Store staff ensuring all team members have the necessary tools and training needed to perform Taza tours and additional educational programming, ensuring tour guides provide customers an educational experience including our information about our history, mission, manufacturing processes, and products;
- Ensure that public & private tour inquiries are responded to swiftly and accurately.
- Maintain “canned responses” for FAQs and coordinate with customer service and store staff to ensure consistent and accurate information is shared
- Schedule tour staffing based on projected tours and related activities
- Track effectiveness of factory tour-ways and maintain a customer friendly environment that best represents the Taza brand & culture;
Factory Store Event Programming and Execution - This involves planning and preparing for special in-store events.
- Drive development of Factory Store promotional calendar in support of identified retail sales and marketing goals
- Work with Marketing team to coordinate promotional efforts and identify creative needs
- Ensure adequate staffing and in-store preparation of factory store for planned events
- Oversight of large-scale factory store events: Cinco de Mayo/Spring Block Party, Dia de Los Muertos and Holiday Open House, including permitting, staffing and pre-event communication for guest vendors
Factory Store and Retail Product Development and Management - There are opportunities to sell unique products into our retail channels that can grow revenues and improve the unique customer experience of the Factory Store. The FS & Tour Manager is responsible for identifying these opportunities and advocating for these product needs.
- Work closely with New Product Development team to identify and develop products for the Factory Store and Taza retail channels
- Work with production and shipping team to distribute seasonal and Taza Limited product across retail channels
- Manage external vendors on retail-specific product needs (including soft goods, shopping bags, molinillos, mugs etc) Coordinate with shipping team and TCB General Manager
- Closely monitor product performance, profitability and quality, and cancel underperforming products in a timely fashion;
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years experience in a retail setting, and at least 2+ years of management experience with P&L responsibility. We’re looking for a candidate that is strongly committed to providing an excellent customer experience and is enthusiastic about quickly gaining an in-depth understanding of Taza Chocolate’s products, manufacturing processes, Direct Trade sourcing program, history and philosophy. The successful candidate will have the communication and interpersonal skills needed to lead a team in the sale of Taza unique stone ground chocolate products.
Candidates must be highly organized, extremely dependable, and be an effective communicator both written and verbally. They should be technically proficient with required software for general business and retail operation.
This is a full-time, exempt position with management responsibility. Hours for the position will be determined by the hours of operation for the retail store and in-store events. Operating hours for the store are currently Monday- Friday 11am-6pm, and Saturday and Saturday 10am-6pm, with some . The employee is expected to work at least 40 hours per week.
View more careers at Taza, here.